Music resource kit
This resource kit is the result of a collaboration between the Melbourne Graduate School of Education, UNESCO Arts Education Observatory and the Australian Society for Music Education.
Written for Secondary students, the intention of the guide is to explore the creative process of musical composition by:
- tracing the narrative of this song cycle;
- exploring the musical setting of the stories;
- observing the stylistic characteristics in this contemporary song cycle;
- recognizing compositional devices employed in the song cycle.
Published by and available from the Australian Music Centre, the Maiden Voyage kit is accompanied by a CD and a digital pdf score.
Copies of the full score are available through the Australian Music Centre.
There are two different versions of Maiden Voyage.
- The ORIGINAL version (1997) is scored for Mezzo-Soprano and Alto with piano accompaniment.
- The NEW version (2013) is scored for 3-part female choir and Mezzo- Soprano with piano accompaniment. This version is recorded on the accompanying CD.